Green Liners meet mostly in working committees or during General Assemblies. The communication committee works hard to provide a space where Green Liners can meet and share purposefully time with each other or simply to socialize and know more the personal side of each other. This is mainly done by organizing bi-monthly eco-tourism trips to various regions of Lebanon and neighboring countries (Syria, Jordan) for the Green Liners and their friends, as well as bi-monthly eco-gatherings where Green Liners and friends meet for a lecture about a certain topic, to watch and discuss a movie or to just to listen to music and have an environmental chat.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To keep Green Line members in constant interaction with one another.
- To help in the internal capacity building process through shared collective learning.
- Eco-gathering ( Link to our Eco-tourism website)
The regular Friday series of eco-gathering tackled several important topics such as:
- Conservation of Marine Turtles (Medasset)
- Zero waste concept for Solid Waste Management
- Afghan and Kabul city – Rising from the Ashes to Confront Yet another Headache: Solid Waste
- GMOs: environment, Trade and Health
These eco-gathering were attended by many members and friends of Green Line and served in triggering internal debates about these issues.