In 1993, Green Line assisted 2 passionate members with the establishment of a wildlife center in their backyard in Aley.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- It is a non-profit educational facility, committed to the preservation of Lebanese wildlife through interactive awareness programs and activities, the sheltering of injured animals, the release of recovered animals and several breeding programs.
- In 1997, the center was relocated on a 3000 m 2 land in Ras el Jabal, Aley
- It attracts more than 25000 students every year
- Shelters a large number of injured animals that are released back into the wildlife
- Includes several breeding programs
- The Center is still open for school children and animal lovers.
- The Animal Encounter emerged from Green Line to become an Independent NGO. Visit their website : Animal Encounter